For many people, the appearance of a double chin or submental fullness on your facial profile could be very frustrating. It is most often a result of genetics, weight gain, or aging. If you wish to refine the definition of your face, however, you could opt for Kybella—an FDA-approved, non-surgical fat-reducing treatment.
Here at Foothill Cosmetic Surgery Center in our Glendora, CA, and Rancho Cucamonga, CA, offices, we’ve helped lots of people get rid of their stubborn double chins using Kybella.
How Does Kybella Work?
Deoxycholic acid is a natural compound produced in our bodies that absorbs and breaks down fat. The active component in Kybella is a synthetic form of deoxycholic acid, which is administered through the use of an injection. When injected, the special compound eliminates and impedes the accumulation of fat cells under the chin area, thus, successfully ridding you of the unsightly double chin.
Are You a Good Candidate for Kybella?
Kybella can be a great treatment option for you if you:
- Are 18 years of age or above
- Have an average to a great amount of fat under your chin
- Haven’t had facial surgery or if you are not planning to undergo any yet
- Are not pregnant or nursing
- Have no issues with swallowing
- Have no medical complication at or around the target injection area
What is Involved in The Treatment Process?
Prior to the procedure in our Glendora, CA, or Rancho Cucamonga, CA, office, the injection sites will be plotted with a marker. A topical numbing medication or cold compress will likewise be applied to the treated areas to help with discomfort.
The number of injections is based on the amount of fat present and the results you want to achieve. The procedure may take about 15 to 20 minutes. The deoxycholic acid will gradually eradicate the fat cells by metabolizing them in the succeeding weeks.
The number of treatment sessions differs from person to person, as everybody has distinct facial profiles. More than a single treatment session may be necessary to ensure favorable results. In most cases, patients undergo about four to six Kybella treatments, with an interval of one month between every appointment.
The Benefits of Kybella Treatment
- Long-Term Effects. In contrast to other cosmetic facial treatments, Kybella treatment’s effects last long, as deoxycholic acid permanently hinders the accumulation of fat cells in the submental area.
- Time-Saving. The duration of the treatment session will only take about 15-20 minutes of your time.
- Minimally-Invasive. Since Kybella is done through the use of injection, there would be no visible marks or scars left after treatment.
- Mild Side Effects. Possible side effects only include redness, mild pain, and swelling.
- Increased Self-Esteem and Confidence. Since the primary goal of this treatment is to enhance your aesthetic appearance, your self-esteem and confidence will be boosted too.
Reach Out to Us To Learn More About Kybella
Schedule an appointment here at Foothill Cosmetic Surgery Center by calling our Glendora, CA, office at (626) 852-3376 or our Rancho Cucamonga, CA, office at (909) 256-8950.